Project Manager (Transportation)
San Jose, CA
Excellent opportunity to manage a broad range of infrastructure design, from large freeway projects ($100M construction cost) to small street improvements, as part of an industry leading project management team based in the SF Bay Area. You will be in charge of major Highway Projects in the Bay Area, managing multidisciplinary project teams.
This position requires a Project Manager who is well known in the industry for their successful project delivery and well known to clients.
A proven track record with successful selling, winning and completion of projects of various sizes and complexity is desired, as well as the ability to evaluate the clients needs, and issues, and deliver solutions. Experience working on proposals and presentations for project pursuits is desired. Prior experience should include:
- Experience in all aspects of highway design process (planning, preliminary engineering, final design, and construction support phases)
- Extensive experience working on widening, interchange, intersection, and rehabilitation projects
- Ability to manage and direct team members from other disciplines
- Ability to manage the preparation and delivery of construction contract documents for major highway improvement projects
- Ability to manage the planning and preliminary engineering phases of major highway improvements projects, including coordination with environmental generalists and specialists
- Production oriented delivery of complex, high profile projects with aggressive schedules
- CAD background and knowledge (preferably MicroStation and InRoads)
- Implementation of rigorous quality control procedures
- Dedication to client service and project success
- Preparing for and leading meetings (e.g. PDT, design team, Public)
- Management of multi-disciplinary design teams, including sub-consultants
- Managing projects in excess of $20M construction cost
- Report writing (e.g. Project Study Report, Project Report, Fact Sheets), including experience of authoring complete reports
- Developing and monitoring project scope, schedule, and budget
B.S. Civil Engineering and/or EIT Certificate
Level of Experience
15 years or more of highway design experience.
P.E. License (CA required)