Project Manager (Transportation)
San Jose, CA
Excellent opportunity to manage a broad range of infrastructure design, from large freeway projects to small street improvements, as part of an industry leading project management team based in Northen California. You will be in charge of major Highway Projects, managing multidisciplinary project teams. This position requires a Project Manager who is well known in the industry for their successful project delivery and well known to clients.
A proven track record with successful selling, winning and completion of projects of various sizes and complexity is desired, as well as the ability to evaluate the clients needs, and issues, and deliver solutions. Experience working on proposals and presentations for project pursuits is desired. Prior experience should include:
- Experience in all aspects of highway design process (planning, preliminary engineering, final design, and construction support phases)
- Extensive experience working on widening, interchange, intersection, and rehabilitation projects
- Ability to manage and direct team members from other disciplines
- Ability to manage the preparation and delivery of construction contract documents for major highway improvement projects
- Ability to manage the planning and preliminary engineering phases of major highway improvements projects, including coordination with environmental generalists and specialists
- Production oriented delivery of complex, high profile projects with aggressive schedules
- CAD background and knowledge (preferably MicroStation and InRoads)
- Implementation of rigorous quality control procedures
- Dedication to client service and project success
- Preparing for and leading meetings (e.g. PDT, design team, Public)
- Management of multi-disciplinary design teams, including sub-consultants
- Managing projects in excess of $20M construction cost
- Report writing (e.g. Project Study Report, Project Report, Fact Sheets), including experience of authoring complete reports
- Developing and monitoring project scope, schedule, and budget
B.S. Civil Engineering
Level of Experience
15 years or more of highway design experience.
P.E. License (CA required)
WMH Corporation offers competitive pay and benefits as well as the development resources you need to advance your career. Come join us!
About WMH Corporation
WMH Corporation provides professional project management and design services for Caltrans and local transportation agencies throughout California. Our skills have been proven by the successful completion of numerous transportation projects for state and local agencies. These projects include planning, preliminary engineering, final design and construction support services for new roadway alignments, roadway widening and extensions, interchanges and intersections, roadway rehabilitation, toll plaza improvements, airport infrastructure, local road improvements, transit, truck and bicycle and pedestrian facilities - in a variety of geographic and environmental settings.
The estimated base salary range for this full-time position is $180,000 -$200,000 plus benefits and bonuses. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Compensation decisions within the range are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case including but not limited to the individual's job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
WMH Corporation is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Candidates are considered for employment with WMH Corporation without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Competitive salaries
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability insurance
- 3% of Salary into 401k account
- Commuter benefits