Senior Project Engineer
San Jose, CA
Working at WMH
WMH thrives as a highly successful mid-size firm. We are a team-based "family" where each employee receives the appropriate guidance, training, and oversight to successfully deliver their portion of the projects while gaining the technical knowledge to further their career. This dynamic, learning-based environment allows our highly motivated employees the opportunity to experience an unparalleled breadth of project knowledge, excellent client relationships, an outstanding reputation, and state of the art technology.
Excellent opportunity for accelerated career development working as a senior project engineer with an industry leading management team on a broad range of challenging and diverse transportation and site development projects. The senior project engineer will lead technical design staff engineers in project deliverables.
- Lead technical design teams in production of client deliverables
- Supervise a team of staff engineers and technicians under the direction of the project manager
- Attend design team and client meetings.
- Coordinate other technical disciplines on multi-disciplinary projects, including subconsultants
- Work Assignments may include preparation of:
- Geometric design of highways, roadways, complete streets, multi-use pathways, truck facilities, and site development
- Final Design Plans, Specifications, and Estimate (PS&E) development and production
- Project Initiation Documents and Project Reports
- Exceptions to Design Standards (Fact Sheets)
- Utility design and coordination
- Drainage design and grading design
- Traffic engineering - pavement delineation, signing, stage construction and traffic handling
- Design of minor structures
- DTMs and design cross-sections
- Quantity take-off and cost estimating
- Preparation of technical reports and specifications
B.S. Civil Engineering
Level of Experience
8 years or more of transportation design experience. Ideal candidate experience will include planning and design of highways, local roadways, and bicycle/pedestrian facilities. Site development experience is also a plus. Experience designing transportation infrastructure utilizing Microstation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D CAD software and knowledge of state highway design standards and procedures is required.
P.E. License (CA preferred)
About WMH Corporation
WMH Corporation provides professional project management and design services for Caltrans and local transportation agencies throughout California. Our skills have been proven by the successful completion of numerous transportation projects for state and local agencies. These projects include planning, preliminary engineering, final design and construction support services for new roadway alignments, roadway widening and extensions, interchanges and intersections, roadway rehabilitation, toll plaza improvements, airport infrastructure, local road improvements, transit, truck and bicycle and pedestrian facilities - in a variety of geographic and environmental settings.
The estimated base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000 -$195,000 plus benefits and bonuses. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position. Compensation decisions within the range are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case including but not limited to the individual's job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
WMH Corporation is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Candidates are considered for employment with WMH Corporation without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Competitive salaries
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability insurance
- 3% of Salary into 401k account
- Commuter benefits